You have found your voice on WordPress. Congratulations. But, without getting people to read it your blog will be as popular as an accordion player at a rock concert. There is no more perfect way to promote your blog than to use social plugins. Social plugins allow you to shamelessly proselytize your WordPress blog to attract social media socialites.
Should a visitor to your blog decide to share it with their friends, they can do so with the click of a button via your WordPress social plugins. The beauty of it is that not only are you promoting your blog, your visitors are too. Sound good? It gets better: these plugins are completely free. These plugins’ ability to expose your blog to the 500 million social media users out there, for free, explains their spike in popularity with blog owners.
The most important social plugin for your WordPress blog will be one that allows users to connect to their favorite social media site and post comments and links about your blog. The added benefit of these plugins is that they are the Ronco Food Dehydrator of plugins—just set them and forget them. They will then do the work for you. There is a ridiculous amount of these plugins that do essentially the same thing, but you will not be subjected to that never-ending story here. We will leave top ten lists to Letterman; here are our top 3 plugins that are easiest to install and use and are most visually effective.
1. Social Profilr – If you can ignore the Ebonics-like spelling of the name, Social Profilr is a zippy little plugin that contains the 14 most popular social media sites in one. Social Profilr made our list because unlike the competition, people can add personalized messages to their social media post, and not just your link.
2. Sociable – For those who consider themselves too legit to quit socializing after 14 sites, then use Sociable.Sociable will post to 99 different sites (and if that is not enough then you need to head to Facebook detox). This plugin comes with an idiot-proof installation process and already this handy plugin has over 500,000 deploys.
3. Wibiya – In typical save-the-best-for-last fashion, we did. Wibiya is a highly effective toolbar-style plugin that allows your users to comment on their social media sites, without ever leaving your site. Not only can they make comments, they can chat on their social site without leaving yours. They can also “like” your page and Tweet your praises. No pop-up windows, no redirections, just a simple tool in a style your users are already familiar with. The toolbar scrolls with the page and is immediately visible, but it does not clutter your masterpiece. It can be added in two minutes, and comes with analytical tools to help you measure its success, because it is THAT confident in itself. And on a design note, you can pick the colors to keep your site’s Feng Shui chakras aligned.
Now—for what YOU can do. There are WordPress social plugins that administrators can use to boost their page views:
This plugin won’t make you popular, just your blog. Each time you create a new blog post you can post it automatically to all the A-list social sites. Yup– this is the lazy socializing blog tool of the future, for busy bloggers-on-the-go. Easy as pie and cheaper than dirt.
Mingle is in a class of its own. It will turn your WordPress blog into its own micro social media platform. Visitors to your blog will be able create profiles, befriend other users from your site’s full directory of members, make profile activities, make social commentary, receive email notifications, adjust privacy settings, and more. This of course is great news for the 87 people in America without Facebook accounts. A valuable tool for high-traffic blogs.
This aptly named plugin truly is simple; it lets you to connect to all of Facebook’s social media outlets for WordPress in one simple platform. With this plugin you have the ability to:
- Comment using Facebook Identity
- Automatically Publish new posts to Facebook Profile or Fan Page
- Manually Publish posts to FB Profile or Application or Fan Page
- Login with your Facebook credentials
- New user registration with Facebook credentials
- Share button and Shortcode
- Connect Button Widget and Shortcode
- User Status Widget and Shortcode
- Live Stream Widget and Shortcode
- Bookmark Widget and Shortcode
- Find us on Facebook button Widget and Shortcode
- Fan Box Widget
- Fan Count Chicklet and Widget
- Like Button and Shortcode
- Upcoming Events Widget
- Activity Feed Widget
This app is perfect for people who do not know much about coding but want all the benefits of the largest website on the planet. With over 500 million users, this will undoubtedly be the social media site that you will focus on most.